Catch Up Post - Thanksgiving Tablerunner



This will be my last catch up quilt post, my Thanksgiving tablerunner. Having created the Halloween runner from a precut kit on a dare from Himself, I breathed a sigh of relief that now I had some time until Christmas. Himself looked at me and asked "What about Thanksgiving?" Um... eep! 


So I wanted something easy and quick and found this panel that I cut up, repositioned, and then sewed back together. Very, very fast, very little creativity, not very happy with it. The only thing I liked was the crosshatch quilting. (Yup, quilted this one myself!)


I liked that it had sunflowers and pumpkins together. But once I got it home, I was a bit stumped. I've not worked with panels before and, frankly, don't get them.


I couldn't decide what color to border it with, so asked HImself for input and auditioned the two for him. As a beginner quilter, I had no idea the 7 levels of hell I was heading for when he replied "use both."


As far as I can tell, it was perfectly lined up. Yet I could not get those borders even, nor would they mitre correctly at the corners. 


It was not helped by Quality Control sitting in and inspecting the work in progress rather than the finished product!


The back was two border prints of fabric that I pieced together to make rows. This one is not going to stay around very long, it will be replaced as soon as I can find both a pattern that I like and the time to sew it up!


That's it for quilting posts. I've also been doing some sewing. Check back soon for my collection of skirts!



Comments

Popular Posts