A Novel Idea... and a very British result!

When I was younger, I used to dream about being able to afford a washing machine. My first was an old twin-tub and I loved it! Then a dryer and a dishwasher made my wishlist.

Now I have all three, and am somewhat amused at my changed mindset. After a mammoth couple weeks working my way through a bevy of boxes, I found my washing machine! Yay! I got stuck into some much needed washing.

And look at my novel idea:


Not so novel, really, but what a pleasure to have all my washing out on the line again! It smells so heavenly, although I forgot how stiff and scratchy line drying can make your clothes. I'll be creating a fabric softener soon.

Less than a minute after snapping the photo, this happened!


And for those of you smart alecs who noticed the sky in the first photo - bite me! It was my first line load in years, I was going to enjoy it, weather or no.

I wryly mentioned this to The Bratness and she responded, "Yup, happens in the UK all the time. Hang out your washing and it starts to rain." So it's a British thing then? The Brits can keep it! I like my lovely hot weather and washing smelling like sunshine and happy.

We desperately need the rain, so I wasn't particularly distressed. In fact, I sat on my front porch and enjoyed it! It's a free rinse for the washing, anyway. Rain water, good, right?

Look at all this water pouring off the roof!


Another honey do for Himself. He shall have to add rain barrels at some point.

When I was a kid, we used to call this BBC weather (bed, book and chocolates!) but it hasn't lasted long enough for me to even consider getting out a book. The rain only appears to come down for about 20 minutes, long enough to cool everything down, and then it's sunshine and sweat all over again. So I did what any sane woman would do.

I got me some cuddles!


Comments

Popular Posts